Conditions of Use
These conditions apply to any content published by Michael Ghelfi Studios (and its artists), and aim to allow the Consumer maximum liberty while shielding our work against intellectual property theft.
Contact us by email if you have any further questions which were unanswered by this document. We generally answer within 12 hours.
Our content is sometimes royalty free, but NEVER copyright free. Please read the FAQ down below to find your use case. You may not need to purchase anything, depending on your use case.
The Consumer may enjoy the Studios’ content for personal use freely, such as for entertainment, gaming or relaxation, amongst others. Naturally, that also applies to your tabletop games with friends, as well as family videos, free private parties and such. Enjoy!
The Consumer does not acquire any permission to distribute, publish or reupload after purchasing the Studios’ work, e.g. buying a track is different than buying its license.
You can purchase the licenses for any of our tracks here. The standard license can be read at the bottom of this page. That’s the one you get when you purchase a license. Please keep reading.
Standard purchased License
SYNCHRONIZATION AND/OR MASTER USE LICENSE TERMS
In consideration of the sum specified on the invoice page and upon receipt of payment thereof, Michael Ghelfi Studios hereby grants the Licensee named on the invoice page (“Licensee”) the non-exclusive right, license, privilege and/or authority to use the musical composition(s) and/or master recording(s) as specified on the invoice page, all in accordance with the terms, conditions and limitations set forth hereafter and on the invoice page.
The License terms and conditions are as follows:
- The invoice page designates whether a synchronization license, master use license, and/or both licenses are being granted pursuant to this agreement. If a synchronization license is designated on the invoice page, then Licensee is granted the non-exclusive right to synchronize the identified composition in timed relation with the Production, and does not authorize the use of the related master recording or its copyright in any manner whatsoever. No performance rights, sound reproduction rights, or any other rights not expressly identified, are granted herein.
- The license(s) granted extend only to the specific production designated on the invoice page (the “Production”).
- If nothing particular is stated, the exploitation territory covered by the license(s) is the world. Specific contracts may specify other terms, but will be discussed and agreed on by both parties.
- Unless expressly limited herein, any synchronization license shall be in perpetuity or otherwise for the life of the musical composition copyright, and any master use license shall be in perpetuity or otherwise for the life of the sound recording copyright.
- Credits must be given, if the media allows it with normal efforts. Failing to credit the Licensor properly represents a breach of the present contract. Proper credits require the Licensee to properly display informations regarding the Licensor, allowing Licensee’s clients and/or users to find out with minimum efforts who made the audio. Required informations are the name of the Licensor and what was done, such as : “Ambiences composed by Michael Ghelfi Studios”.
- The license(s) do not authorize or permit Licensee to make any changes to the composition(s) or master recording(s) other than to shorten the same as contemplated hereunder utilizing a contiguous portion thereof. The license(s) permit Licensee to make copies of the Production containing the compositions and/or master recordings licensed hereunder in the form of negatives and prints necessary for distribution, exhibition, promotion, and exploitation of the Production in all media now known or hereafter devised (but excluding trailers, promos, or other advertising, unless the agreement expressly permits Commercial/Promo Spots,)
- Licensee shall provide Michael Ghelfi Studios with all cue sheets in respect to the Production, if applicable. Should Licensee fail to do so, then at Michael Ghelfi Studios option and upon giving written notice to Licensee, this license shall become invalid.
- Licensee shall pay any “new use” or similar payment or other fees required under applicable collective bargaining agreements, if any, with respect to Licensee’s use of any master recording. Licensee shall also pay any and all additional amounts required by any third party relating to Licensee’s use of any composition or master recording.
- The license(s) and obligations hereunder shall run to Licensee, its successors, and assigns, provided that upon any assignment or other disposition of the Production or this agreement, Licensee shall remain liable for the performance of all the terms and conditions of the license(s) and shall be subject to all the terms hereof. Licensee further agrees that all persons, firms or corporations acquiring from Licensee any right, title, interest or in possession of the Production shall be notified of the terms and conditions of the license(s) and shall agree to be bound thereby.
- Michael Ghelfi Studios warrants only that, as the administrator of such licenses on behalf of the copyright owners, it has the legal right to grant the license(s), and the license(s) are given and accepted without other warranty or recourse. If said warranty shall be breached in whole or in part with respect to a selection, Michael Ghelfi Studios total liability shall be limited either to repaying to Licensee the consideration theretofore paid under the license(s) with respect to such selection to the extent of such breach or to holding Licensee harmless to the extent of the consideration theretofore paid under this license with respect to such recorded selection to the extent of said breach.
- The license(s) shall take effect only when full payment for such use is received by Michael Ghelfi Studios.
- The license(s) shall be governed by and subject to the laws of Switzerland.